Assemblin Q3 Interim Financial Information (January – September) 2023
A stable third quarter.
“Assemblin continues to deliver stable profitability at a favourable level. In the third quarter, the EBITA margin amounted to 6.7 percent (6.7), contributing to our now having an adjusted EBITA margin of 7.1 percent (7.0) on a rolling 12-month basis.”
Mats Johansson, President and CEO, Assemblin
Third quarter (July–September) 2023
- Net sales for the quarter increased by 8.6 percent to SEK 3,265 million (3,006), of which 2.5 percentage points were organic growth, 4.9 were acquisition-driven and 1.2 were currency-driven.
- The adjusted EBITA increased to SEK 219 million (200), and the adjusted EBITA margin amounted to 6.7 percent (6.7). Items affecting comparability amounted to an expense of SEK 2 million (1).
- The loss for the quarter amounted to SEK 100 million (profit 71).
- Order intake amounted to SEK 2,642 million (2,629).
- In July, a Stockholm-based electrical installation company was acquired with 20 employees and annual sales of about SEK 35 million.
The period (January–September) 20231)
- Net sales for the period increased by 11.5 percent to SEK 10,695 million (9,588), of which 5.8 percentage points were organic growth, 5.1 were acquisition-driven and 0.7 were currency-driven.
- The adjusted EBITA increased to SEK 715 million (624), and the adjusted EBITA margin increased to 6.7 percent (6.5). Items affecting comparability amounted to an expense of SEK 27 million (6).
- The loss for the period amounted to SEK 44 million (profit 231).
- Order intake increased to SEK 9,831 million (9,568).
- The order backlog at the end of the period was SEK 9,144 million (9,672).
- The Interim Financial Information presented in this document reflects the financial and operational development of the consolidated Assemblin Financing AB (formerly Assemblin Group AB) group for the period 2022-01-01 – 2023-05-02 and subsequently the consolidated Assemblin Group AB (formerly Apollo Swedish Bidco AB) group for the period 2023-05-03 – 2023-09-30.
The full Interim Financial Information (and previous reports) is published on the company’s website at www.assemblin.com under the “Investor” tab.
Invitation to an investor presentation
On November 3, at 9:30 CET, the company’s President and CFO will present developments in the quarter in a webcast.
To participate in the webcast, please register in advance using the following link:
To listen to the presentation by telephone, please register here to obtain audio conference call details:
The presentation material, and a recording of the webcast, will be published on the company’s website
www.assemblin.com under the “Investors” tab after the meeting.
Future reporting dates
|Full-year Financial Information||January–December 2023||23 February 2024|
|Annual and Sustainability Report||2023||April 2024|
|Q1 Interim Financial Information||January–March 2024||8 May 2024|
|Q2 Interim Financial Information||January–June 2024||July 2024|
|Q3 Interim Financial Information||January–September 2024||November 2024|
Additional disclosure for bond holders
Additional disclosure for holders of Assemblin Senior Secured Notes is published on Assemblin´s webpage under the “Investor” tab.
For more information
For questions concerning this Interim Financial Information, please contact CFO Philip Carlsson (tel: +46 10 475 39 50).
For questions concerning operations in general, contact President and CEO Mats Johansson (tel: +46 10 475 39 60) or Head of Communications and Sustainability Åsvor Brynnel (tel: +46 10 475 39 48).
More information is also to be found at www.assemblin.com
Assemblin is an end-to-end installation and service partner with operations in Sweden, Norway and Finland. We design, install and maintain technical systems for air, water and energy. Our vision is to create smart and sustainable installations that make buildings work and people feel comfortable. We do this through close local collaboration supported by a strong organisation. We have annual sales of approximately SEK 14.6 billion and 7,100 dedicated employees at more than 100 locations in the Nordic region. Read more at assemblin.com.