Assemblin 2021 Year End Report
A year of strong margin improvement ended with increased order intake
“The recovery that we noted in the third quarter was further strengthened towards the end of the year with high order intake in the fourth quarter.”
Mats Johansson, President and CEO, Assemblin
Fourth quarter (October–December) 2021
- Net sales for the quarter increased by 22.3 per cent to SEK 3,342 million (2,732), of which 4.8 percentage points were organic growth, 16.7 were acquisition-driven and 0.8 were currency-driven.
- EBITA increased to SEK 298 million (219), and the EBITA margin increased to 8.9 per cent (8.0).
- The adjusted EBITA increased to SEK 286 million (232), and the adjusted EBITA margin increased to 8.6 per cent (8.5). Items affecting comparability amounted to SEK +12 million (-13).
- EBIT strengthened to SEK 272 million (212).
- Profit for the quarter increased to SEK 160 million (114).
- Order intake increased to SEK 3,439 million (2,651).
- Two acquisitions were completed with 45 employees and estimated combined annual sales of SEK 66 million.
Full year (January–December) 2021
- Net sales for the full year increased by 7.1 per cent to SEK 10,721 million (10,009), of which -3.6 percentage points were organic growth, 10.6 were acquisition-driven and 0.1 were currency-driven.
- EBITA increased to SEK 728 million (533), and the EBITA margin increased to 6.8 per cent (5.3).
- Adjusted EBITA increased to SEK 758 million (597), and the adjusted EBITA margin increased to 7.1 per cent (6.0). Items affecting comparability amounted to SEK -31 million (- 64).
- EBIT strengthened to SEK 659 million (506).
- Profit for the year increased to SEK 322 million (226).
- Order intake increased to SEK 11,258 million (9,903).
- At year-end, the order backlog had increased to SEK 9,370 million (8,148).
The full report (and previous reports) is published on the company’s website at www.assemblin.com under the “Investor” tab.
Invitation to an investor presentation
On February 23, at 10:00 CET, the company’s President and CFO will present developments in the full year in a webcast.
To participate in the webcast, please register in advance using the following link:
To listen to the presentation by telephone, dial +46 856642651 (Sweden), +44 3333000804 (UK) or any other international number at
https://events-ftp.arkadin.com/ev/docs/NE_W2_TF_Events_International_Access_List.pdf and use the PIN code 84548000# (all participants).
The presentation material, and a recording of the webcast, will be published on the company’s website www.assemblin.com under the “Investors” tab after the meeting.
Future reporting dates
|Q1 Interim Report||January–March 2022||4 May 2022|
|Q2 Interim Report||January–June 2022||14 July 2022|
|Q3 Interim Report||January–September 2022||3 November 2022|
|Year-End Report||January–December 2022||23 February 2023|
Additional disclosure for bond holders
Additional disclosure for holders of Assemblin Senior Secured Notes issued on December 6, 2019, is published on Assemblin´s webpage under the “Investor” tab.
For more information
For questions concerning this report, please contact CFO Philip Carlsson (tel: +46 10 475 39 50).
For questions concerning operations in general, contact President and CEO Mats Johansson (tel: +46 10 475 39 60) or Head of Communications and Sustainability Åsvor Brynnel (tel: +46 10 475 39 48).
More information is also to be found at www.assemblin.com.
Assemblin is an end-to-end installation and service partner with operations in Sweden, Norway and Finland. We design, install and maintain technical systems for air, water and energy. Our vision is to create smart and sustainable installations that make buildings work and people feel comfortable. We do this through close local collaboration supported by a strong organisation. We have annual sales of approximately SEK 10 billion and 6,300 dedicated employees at more than 100 locations in the Nordic region. Read more at assemblin.com.