Assemblin Year End Report 2020
“A good end to a strong year in challenging times”
Fourth quarter October–December 2020 (compared to October–December 2019)
- Net sales in the fourth quarter totalled SEK 2,732 million (2,856).
- Adjusted EBITA totalled SEK 232 million (204). The adjusted EBITA margin increased to 8.5 per cent (7.2).
- EBITA increased to SEK 219 million (-10).
- EBIT increased to SEK 212 million (-18).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 114 million (-51).
- Order intake increased to SEK 2,651 million (2,607).
- The order backlog at the end of the period amounted to SEK 8,148 million (8,478).
- During the quarter, eight acquisitions were implemented representing combined annual sales of SEK 243 million and 155 employees.
- In December, it was announced that an agreement had been signed to acquire Finnish building automation group Fidelix with annual sales of SEK 540 million and 360 employees. The transaction requires the approval of the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority.
Full Year January–December 2020 (compared to January–December 2019)
- Net sales for the period increased to SEK 10,009 million (9,978).
- Adjusted EBITA increased to SEK 597 million (516). The adjusted EBITA margin rose to 6.0 per cent (5.2).
- EBITA increased to SEK 533 million (270).
- EBIT increased to SEK 506 million (252).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 226 million (78).
- Order intake was relatively strong, totalling SEK 9,903 million (11,258). The difference year-on-year is attributable to three large projects being added to order bookings in 2019.
- Over the full year, 15 acquisitions were implemented representing combined annual sales of SEK 489 million and 238 employees.
The full report (and previous reports) is published on the company’s website at www.assemblin.com under the “Investor” tab.
Invitation to investor webcast
On 22 February at 10:30 a.m. CET, the company’s President and CFO will present the quarterly performance figures in a webcast. To participate in the webcast, please register in advance using this link.
If you would like to listen to the presentation by telephone, ring +46 856642651 (Sweden), +45 35445577 (Denmark), +358 981710310 (Finland), +33 170750711 (France), +44 3333000804 (UK) or other international telephone number via this link. Use PIN code 37718011# (all participants).
The presentation material, and a recording of the webcast, will also be published on www.assemblin.com under the “Investor” tab after the meeting.
Future reporting dates
Q1 Interim Report January–March 2021 11 May 2021
Q2 Interim Report January–June 2021 July 2021
Q3 Interim Report January–September 2021 November 2021
Year End Report January–December 2021 February 2022
For more information
For questions concerning this report, please contact CFO Philip Carlsson (tel: +46 10 475 39 50).
More information is also to be found at www.assemblin.com
Assemblin is an end-to-end installation and service partner with operations in Sweden, Norway and Finland. We design, install and maintain technical systems for air, water and energy. Our vision is to create smart and sustainable installations that make buildings work and people feel comfortable. We do this through close local collaboration supported by a strong organisation. We have annual sales of approximately SEK 10 billion and 5,900 dedicated employees at more than 100 locations in the Nordic region. Read more at assemblin.com.